Open call for submissions:
Special Issue on “Computational Movement Analysis” in International Journal of Geographical Information Science
(Download as Pdf here.)
As a pre-conference event to the GIScience 2016 conference recently held in Montréal, the workshop on Analysis of Movement Data (AMD’2016) has featured an array of oral presentations discussing novel techniques for analyzing and contextualizing movement data, as well as a panel session and a break-out discussion on future challenges and trends in movement analysis. A broad range of topics was covered concerning the analysis, modeling, and simulation of movement data in various application domains, such as animal ecology, transportation, human mobility, and health. For the aims and the program of the workshop, see http://dynamovis.com/amd2016/index.html.
A special issue, with the same aims and scope as the workshop, will be published in the International Journal of Geographical Information Science (IJGIS). Submissions to the special issue may be made by either workshop participants or others interested in the theme. We invite submissions of full journal manuscripts that describe research that fits the general theme of Computational Movement Analysis (CMA), with particular emphasis on novel techniques that address the following examples of topics:
- Definition and detection of patterns in individual and collective movement
- Static and dynamic context in movement analysis
- Modeling and analyzing interactions
- Cross-scale movement analysis and classification
- Multi-sensor movement analysis
- Handling movement data streams and big data
- Simulation of movement
- Bridging the semantic gap between patterns and processes
- Real-world applications of movement analysis
If you are not sure whether your potential contribution might fit the scope of this special issue, please get in touch with one of the guest editors. Note that a special issue of IJGIS was also published following the preceding AMD’14 workshop, see http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/tgis20/30/5.
Interested authors should notify the guest editors of their intention to submit a paper contribution by sending the title and a 200 word abstract to Somayeh Dodge <firstname.lastname@example.org> by 15 February 2017. The deadline for submissions of the final papers is
28 February 2017 15 March 2017.
A condition of submission and acceptance will be that papers must pass the normal IJGIS review process. For author instructions please refer to the IJGIS journal homepage. Papers are to be submitted via the journal’s Manuscript Central site: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ijgis. Please choose ‘Special Issue Paper’ from the manuscript types field when doing so, and indicate ‘Computational Movement Analysis’ as the target issue.
- Send short abstract: 15 February 2017
- Full paper submission for special issue:
28 February 201715 March 2017
Tentative schedule: We expect initial editorial decisions to be made in late spring 2017, with manuscript revisions taking place over the summer. Final decisions are expected in the fall of 2017. Accepted manuscripts will go online (incl. a DOI) approximately one month after acceptance.
- Somayeh Dodge, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, USA <email@example.com>
- Patrick Laube, University of Applied Sciences of Zurich, Switzerland <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Jed Long, University of St. Andrews, Scotland UK <email@example.com>
- Robert Weibel, University of Zurich, Switzerland <firstname.lastname@example.org>
(Download as Pdf here.)